Jobs at Novo
The recruiter has not been active on this job recently. You may apply but please expect a delayed response.
Small businesses are the backbone of the US economy, comprising almost half of the GDP and the private workforce. Yet, big banks don’t provide the access, assistance and modern tools that owners need to successfully grow their business.
We started Novo to challenge the status quo—we’re on a mission to increase the GDP of the modern entrepreneur by creating the go-to banking platform for small businesses (SMBs). Novo is flipping the script of the banking world, and we’re excited to lead the small business banking revolution.
At Novo, we’re here to help entrepreneurs, freelancers, startups and SMBs achieve their financial goals by empowering them with an operating system that makes business banking as easy as iOS. We developed modern bank accounts and tools to help to save time and increase cash flow. Our unique product integrations enable easy access to tracking payments, transferring money internationally, managing business transactions and more. We’ve made a big impact in a short amount of time, helping thousands of organizations access powerfully simple business banking.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist who is enthusiastic about using data and technology to solve complex business problems. If you're passionate about leading and helping to architect and develop thoughtful data solutions, then we want to chat. Are you ready to revolutionize the small business banking industry with us?
About the Role: (specific to the role-- describe the role activities/duties, who they interact with, what they are accountable for, how the role operates in the team, department and organization)
- Build and manage predictive models focussed on credit risk, fraud, conversions, churn, consumer behaviour etc
- Provides best practices, direction for data analytics and business decision making across multiple projects and functional areas
- Implements performance optimizations and best practices for scalable data models, pipelines and modelling
- Resolve blockers and help the team stay productive
- Take part in building the team and iterating on hiring processes
Requirements for the Role: (these are specific to the role-- technical skills and requirements to fulfill the job duties, certifications, years of experience, degree)
- 4+ years of experience in data science roles focussed on managing data processes, modelling and dashboarding
- Strong experience in python, SQL and in-depth understanding of modelling techniques
- Experience working with Pandas, scikit learn, visualization libraries like plotly, bokeh etc.
- Prior experience with credit risk modelling will be preferred
- Deep Knowledge of Python to write scripts to manipulate data and generate automated reports
How We Define Success: (these are specific to the role-- should be tied to performance management, OKRs or general goals)
- Expand access to data driven decision making across the organization
- Solve problems in risk, marketing, growth, customer behaviour through analytics models that increase efficacy
Nice To Have, but Not Required:
- Experience in dashboarding libraries like Python Dash and exposure to CI/CD
- Exposure to big data tools like Spark, and some core tech knowledge around API’s, data streaming etc.
Novo values diversity as a core tenant of the work we do and the businesses we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other protected characteristic.
Requirements for the Role
- 5+ years experience with manual and automation testing
- Experience with QA methodologies for large scale web and mobile applications, understanding of software development process
- Experience with mobile,(android and iOS) web and API automation testing using tools such as Selenium, Appium and Postman
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team environment and with geographically distributed teams
- Experience working with SCM tools like Git
- Experience in implementing CI/CD regression pipelines
- 5+ years of relevant experience as an individual contributor working on the frontend technologies
- Strong technical foundation and experience building user interfaces for complex applications.
- Thorough understanding of React.js core principles and experience with latest React concepts like hooks, context APIs
- Experience with popular state management libraries like Redux, Flux
- Familiarity with newer specifications of ECMAScript and knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Experience with common front-end build tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Familiarity with Git
- Hands on experience with markup languages
- Background contributing best-practices and architectural leadership to front end applications
- Demonstrable understanding, and experience in dismantling large, abstract problems into smaller, workable tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively collaborate cross functionally with designers, product managers and other engineers.
About the Role
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software and new user-facing features across Novo’s products and services.
- Drive technical decisions on a multi-functional, Agile team alongside product management, product design, and engineering.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability and analyze feedback from customers and internal teams to identify issues and improvement opportunities.
- Champion a passion for engineering best practices such as code quality, linting, and testing.
- Ensure our software is reliable, extensible, maintainable, debuggable, secure, well-tested and performs well under load.
- Mentor junior engineers in all aspects of planning, development and testing.
- Stay engaged with latest technologies and evaluate strategies to keep the Novo technology stack up to date.
Requirements for the Role
- 5+ years experience in a highly technical role at a hyper-growth startup or fast-paced company.
- Extensive background designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining, and improving software.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business goals and initiatives into technical requirements.
- Strong understanding of SQL database.
- Demonstrable experience architecting scalable and cost effective solutions to ensure and support customer growth.
- Experience mentoring junior engineers in all aspects of planning, development and testing.
- Strong understanding of system design and architecture.
- Interest in engaging with latest technologies and evaluating strategies to keep the Novo technology stack up to date.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to collaborate with both technical and non-technical teams effectively.