Products & Services
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. We are driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that change lives. We embrace new ways of doing things, make decisions quickly, and are not afraid to fail. We have the scope and capabilities of a large company, and the spirit and heart of a small one.
Together, Amazonians research and develop new technologies from Amazon Web Services to Alexa on behalf of our customers: shoppers, sellers, content creators, and developers around the world.
Our mission is to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Our actions, goals, projects, programs, and inventions begin and end with the customer top of mind.
You'll also hear us say that at Amazon, it's always "Day 1." What do we mean? That our approach remains the same as it was on Amazon's very first day - to make smart, fast decisions, stay nimble, invent, and focus on delighting our customers.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
· Consumer Device or SW Launch
· 15+ years of industry experience
· 10+ years of hands-on testing experience
· 7+ years of experience as a manager of a quality assurance team
· Experience in test automation
· Experience testing embedded systems and/or mobile consumer electronics devices
· Experience with standard QA and development tools
· Understanding of QA tool development chains and environments
· Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
· Demonstrate expertise in black box and grey box testing methodologies,
· Strong people management skills, with a proven ability to hire and grow talented programmatic and user-level personnel
· Experience in or C programing languages
· Experience with based automation frameworks
· Demonstrated ability to operate within short release cycles
· Shows creativity and initiative to improve coverage and effectiveness.
· Superior communication and analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
As an engineer you will be responsible for:
• Ownership of product/feature end-to-end for all phases from the development to the production.
• Ensuring the developed features are scalable and highly available with no quality concerns.
• Work closely with senior engineers for refining the design and implementation.
• Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
• Assist directly and indirectly in the continual hiring and development of technical talent.
• Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts.
• Contribute intellectual property through patents.
The ideal candidate is a passionate engineer about delivering experiences that delight customers and creating solutions that are robust. He/she should be able to commit and own the deliveries end-to-end.
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
• 3+ years of Software Development experience.
• Strong knowledge of Data Structures, Algorithms and CS fundamentals.
• Strong coding and problem solving skills and Design (HLD and LLD).
• Experience working with service oriented architectures and web-based solutions.
• Experience in eCommerce and deep hands-on technical expertise.
• Experience with NoSQL and relational databases.
Amazon’s Worldwide Consumer Engagement organization brings customers to visit amazon websites, engage them on site and help them purchase from Amazon’s retail sites. This is achieved through highly personalized messages delivered via all available large scale communication channels—both free and paid and offering engaging experience on website. The organization builds, operates, and improves the technology systems that power all marketing channels, and manages prioritization and marketing spend decisions. Consumer Marketing consists of a series of single-threaded technology and business teams, each of which owns the entirety of a channel of communication or customer segment: natural and paid search (i.e. SEO and SEM), affiliate marketing (Associates), display advertising, email, browser integration, and mobile marketing, retail customer experience technology teams.
This position is for a technology leader in Affiliate Marketing Technology group for attribution team. This team owns business critical systems that are responsible for attributing traffic to marketing channels and thrives on innovation to provide rich analytics to its internal and external customers. As a leader on the team, you will be responsible for tier1 critical systems, guide your team through the design, development, testing, and deployment of a range of products involving big data processing and dealing with near real time SLAs. You will have to deal with challenges of high availability (five 9s) guarantee, low latency and high throughput. In addition, you will build and manage roadmaps for software teams, developing cutting edge experiences. You will have sound technical acumen, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and hire, build, and develop your team. You are a true owner - you are deeply interested in product design, architecture, and you innovate relentlessly on behalf of our customers.
This position offers the opportunity to collaborate with our business teams across the world and other tech teams in Bangalore as we raise the bar in delivering innovation.